When making something with leather. I find its always best to get every part down on paper first. As you can see here, I've laid out the entire bag with the design and holes.
Here, I've taken a piece of veg-tan leather and cut it to the size of the larger piece.Now I've wet the leather and have begun to trace the pattern with a leather stylus.
Now that I have traced the pattern onto the piece, I'va taken a swivel knife and begun to cut of the design in preparation for carving.
Now that the leather has been cut, I have wet it just enough to soften it but not enough to make it like wet paper.
In this picture, I've taken a beveler stamp to add depth and contrast.
Here I've taken a pace of pebble grain leather and traced the design though in the picture its not very visible.
Now I've cut in out in preparation for sewing and final assembly.
Here I've started working on the edges by taking an edge beveler and removing the corners from the leather preparing it for burnishing.
Finish by dye as desired and finishing with resolene. Then stitch all three pieces together and if desired, add a drawstring.
Enjoy your viking inspired leather pouch!
No comments:
Post a Comment